A Sunday Afternoon

A lazy Sunday afternoon


It was a Sunday, yes a Sunday late afternoon. I was on my laptop checking mails as usual and was lazy for a nap too. Suddenly through the window a whistling noise came and it forced to look out of the window glasses. The sky was amazingly beautiful. I put the laptop down. It was time to capture the moments.

With the camera held in hand, I came to the balcony to take snaps of the sky and surrounding. The mind became calm with the cold breeze hitting my face, it was not yet raining. I looked at the amazing sky and was feeling the breeze. Each moment the color of the sky was changing. A crow on a  terrace  on my left was sitting quietly, he was the only other alive I could see for that moment, waiting for the rain. Suddenly, I just wanted to rewind few years of my life and go back once to the childhood, the feeling of watching a dark cloud was the indication of rain and on our terrace I used to get drenched in that rain, when at home.





I thought ran through my mind, what would happen if I am really sent back to that age, once more. I smiled within myself, perhaps a touch of that was on my lips too. I would become a 12 year old !! I would again come across another series of joys and pain in life, some which are past and some fresh still. I have been through and by the time I come to this age again, all of them may be multiplied, all over again! The thought was scary. 




Looked down from the balcony to a tree. The trunk was wrapped with two colored scarves like a marriage knot and from that like a new born, a baby tree had just started growing. That small tree gazed my thoughts and smiled at me, as I felt. It whispered to my ears, 'See am growing and it will take time to grow even young. But, I have to pass by the the storms too, the branches of mine will be cut when I am young, I will not be able to get them back to give another chance, so I have to keep shading the past and grow. I will not be able to become like these small branches again and smile at you. What I will pass through, will be gone always forever.' He winked !





I looked up. Standing quietly. The sun was setting, the rain was yet to come. Looked at the setting Sun for few moments and thought, tomorrow with a new date the Sun will also come again, but today will become just another yesterday. It will be gone. Nothing comes back, nor does it stay. We place ourselves as per the circumstances around us, cannot rewind nor forward any situation we are in or as we want them to be always. Time only passes by.

It was a Sunday and there will be many more Sundays, yet to come !


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A forgotten tale of Deeg

Missing you two!

Media, democracy and .. Nirbhaya!